History

 

The British Aluminium Company built the Braxi Hall in 1951. It was a gift to the residents of Inverlochy, under the auspices of the Inverlochy Village Society.  The Hall is managed by a voluntary committee and is in the process of transforming, in the first instance, into a Company Limited by Guarantee and then to ultimately become a Scottish Charity.  (SCIO)

 

It serves the community of over 700 residents and an extended population throughout Lochaber of around 10,000.The Hall was the centre of many villagers’ lives and people came from all over Lochaber to attend the local dances and functions that were prolific back then.

 

The Hall consists of the main hall with storage room, a fitted kitchen, entrance area, male and female toilets and a further storage facility at the rear.

 

It also maintains a further tranche of land where a previous hall once stood and has a small area of fenced garden.

 

The Hall is home to the Roll of Honour for residents who gave their life in World War 2.

 

An extension to The Hall was built in the 1970’s to meet demand. This is the section remaining today, as the original hall deteriorated and was sadly demolished in 2008. 

 

For many years, it was home to the local nursery for preschoolers, until a site at the local primary school was developed and they moved.